Family Law Solicitor or Legal Executive, covering divorce, cohabiting and civil partnerships sought for Legal Practice in the West Midlands.
Working within the Family Law Department this role will be responsible for the delivery of legal services to clients.
As this is a senior position the postholder will also have involvement with supprting and leading the team (where appropriate) in all aspects of the delivery of legal services.
• To provide a high-quality legal service to all clients.
• Receive requests for legal advice from current and potential clients and deciding on the most appropriate responses to make to these requests.
• Establishing what needs to be done to solve a client’s problems.
• Attend and represent clients at meetings. Draw up contracts and other legal documents as required.
• Represent clients in tribunals and in Courts where required.
• To work and behave in a professional manner and to the highest standards of the profession.
• Keeping up-to-date with changes in the law and attending internal and external training courses as appropriate.
• Be able to show a track record of achieving your fee contribution.
• Treat all information about the firm and its clients, their family and their business as wholly confidential.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Experience of working within the area of Family Law with Post-Qualified Experience specifically:
* Separation between Cohabiting Couples
* Financial Relief
* Private Children Act – contact, residence, specific issue, & prohibited steps.
* Separation Deeds
* Cohabitation Agreements
Desirable case experience (in addition to those already mentioned):
* Pre-Nuptial and Post Nuptial Deeds
* Non Molestation and Occupation Orders
* Change of Name Deeds
To find out more about this opportunity please get in touch