Diamond Search Recruitment are working with one of the County’s largest legal practices, and we are seeking an experienced Conveyancing Legal Secretary to join their team in the Canterbury Office. This opportunity also offers a flexible working from home policy.
Working Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm and offering an attractive remuneration plus Benefits and Perks including 23 days annual leave, increasing to 25 days after 2 years’ service, plus paid bank holidays and Christmas eve closure, Birthday Leave, Pension (with a salary sacrifice option), Death in service benefit, Private medical insurance, Enhanced sick pay, Discounted gym membership, Regular social events plus more!
Part Time Hours (4 Days) will also be considered.
To provide secretarial and general administrative support to fee earners within the Residential and Commercial Property Teams. To promote the professional image of the firm at all times.
* To prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing (digital dictation).
* To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain up-to-date diary for the department.
* To deal whenever possible with routine client enquiries and communications.
* General administration, which will include daily filing, the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files within the parameters of ISO 9001 standards.
* To prepare mail and enclosures.
* To prepare documents/reports as required by fee earners.
* To deal with transactional matters in the sale and purchase of residential and commercial properties.
* To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
* To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s client’s documentation and information.
* To provide secretarial support to other areas of the office and the wider Property team as necessary.
* Other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the role.
* Reception cover from time to time
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
* Educated to O-Level/GCSE and equivalent standard.
* ILEX Secretarial qualification (desirable)
* Previous residential and commercial property secretarial experience (essential)
* Up-to-date understanding of the residential and commercial property conveyancing process (essential)
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
* Good understanding of excellent client care
* Good communication and organisational skills
* Ability to be flexible within the office environment
Diamond Search Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency regarding this vacancy