Position: Accounts Payable Administrator
A renowned wholesaler of building materials are on the lookout for an Accounts Administrator to join their team and support with the purchase ledger function! This is a full time, permanent role and based in Bury St Edmunds
Working within a busy accounts department with a team of up to 11 people, all covering different areas of the finance function, your duty as an Accounts Payable Administrator would include reviewing and reconciling accounts, processing payments to external partners, maintaining updated records of invoices and receipts and to ensure you process all financial transactions accurately and on time.
• Manage obligations to suppliers, customers, and third-party vendors
• Process bank deposits
• Reconcile financial statements
• Prepare, send, and store invoices
• Identify and address discrepancies
• Report on the status of accounts payable and receivable
• Update internal accounting databases and spreadsheets
• Dealing with customers' requests for POD's
• Liaising with other departments and depots
• Providing support for purchase ledger, sales ledger and credit control
• Maintaining monthly records for rebates
• Preparing accruals on a monthly basis for external accountant
• Payroll records - keeping to deadlines
• Providing back up for holiday cover within the team
• Assisting with month end procedures
• Supporting other departments if and when required
• Any other administrative or accounts procedures as required
• Perform any other required administrative or accounts-related tasks.
The ideal candidate will have a clear motivation to work within accounts payable and be happy to work in a busy yet rewarding environment. Processing up to 1000 invoices per week, this role strongly depends on it's working culture and team of passionate accounts professionals who will bounce of each other!
In return, this role offers a competitive salary, benefits including tastecard discounts, discount shopping, health cash plan and car leasing, a vibrant working culture and exposure to a fast-moving and busy accounts department!
If you are interested and wish to apply, please apply below or email (url removed) with an up-to-date copy of your CV