COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our client is a commercially robust and profitable “Process Sector” company and a long established UK leader in their sector. They are also one of the biggest employers in the North East, with a turnover exceeding £340 million PA.
Following a substantial acquisition, and due in part to current and future growth plans an exciting opportunity has arisen for a technically strong Management Accountant Reporting to the Head of Operational Finance, and working as part of finance operations team, the successful candidate will support established growth, and enable future growth, the Company is looking to strengthen its finance leadership team.
The ideal candidate will be Qualified by experience, newly qualified or close to completing a relevant professional
Accounting qualification, preferably CIMA although ACCA or ACA candidates will be considered.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Monitoring, analysing, and interpreting financial (and operational) performance to
* help inform management decision-making
* Developing and measuring key financial performance indicators that align with
* company strategy and drive continuous improvement
* Preparing and developing annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
* Appraising and monitoring investment projects
* Performing stock valuations and reconciliations
* Developing financial software, processes, and tools to deliver timely and effective
* management reporting
* Assisting in the preparation of financial reports and analysis for internal and external
* In addition, and as part of a larger finance team, you will also support this team with Adhoc tasks and projects.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Qualified by experience, newly qualified or close to completing a relevant professional accounting qualification, preferably CIMA although ACCA or ACA candidates will be considered
* Positive and proactive with a passion to develop personally and support company growth
* Professional in their demeanour and able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail
* Effective communicator with the ability to build strong working relationships and present financial information to financial and non-financial management
* Experienced with finance and ERP software together with a strong knowledge of reporting tools such as Excel and PowerPoint (Power BI would be an advantage but not an essential)
* Able to meet deadlines, prioritise workload and deliver high quality financial reports
DETAILS OF PACKAGE:
£35,000 to £50,000 PA (Dep. on Exp.) + Bonus (up to 5% of pensionable earnings) + Completive Benefits, including, Pension contributions of up to 4% & 8% (Employee / Employer) + Health Cash Plan + Death in Service Benefit. Although mainly office/location based, there will be some flexibility around core hours, and the opportunity to carry out some work from home. Official working hours are 37.5: 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
(This is an Office based with some flexibility around core hours (negotiable))