Job Title: Principal Capability Engineer
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience’
Location: Barrow in Furness (hybrid)
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Principal Capability Engineer. This role will be based in Barrow in Furness but hybrid working is available- individual circumstances will be discussed. Flexible working hours are also available.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
As a Principal Capability Engineer, you will work within the specialist engineering team to develop strategic capability plans for the sustained capability of the product safety and product environmental domain.
The purpose of the engineering domains team is to ensure that appropriate resource, SQEP personnel, processes and toolsets are in place to enable programme delivery, offering support to the programmes team. The role will include liaising with the senior management of the organisation to ensure we meet the demands of delivering our products to the customer
* Working with specialist engineering teams to develop resource solutions, SQEP assessments and training and development intervention requirements
* Regularly engaging with stakeholders within the product safety product environmental domain
* Providing regular updates on specialist engineering capability programmes
* Gathering information from specialist engineering teams to identify areas of strategic and tactical risk
* Production of capability management plans to ensure engineering capability is sustained and developed in line with programme requirements
* Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
* Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
* 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years’ service/ 27 days after 10 years’ service
* Shared Incentive Plan
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
* STEM degree or equivalent experience (i.e Safety or Environmental field / Capability Management)
* Chartered status or evidence of working towards Chartership
* Strong stakeholder management skills and experience
* Experience working within a large engineering company
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs