Our global motorcycle manufacturing client is urgently looking to fill the following role:
Quality Engineer Motorcycles Accessories - Circa £28k p.a. + benefits - Leicestershire
Our Motorcycle client is looking for a talented Quality Engineer to work as part of the wider Genuine Motorcycle Accessories (GMA) team. You will be a key team member based in the UK and have a collective responsibility for ensuring that products reach customers at the correct quality level, within cost and on time. You will work with cross-functional teams, suppliers and sometimes with domestic dealers to enable you to have a full appreciation of the impact that quality has on the client's products.
The main focus of this role will be to work closely with quality engineers outside of the UK and ensure adequate levels of quality are maintained through the APQP, PPAP and Quality Issues database. This will be across all components and platforms for existing and new products. This is an office based role reporting to the Quality Assurance Team Manager.
- Collaborate with Quality Engineers to audit, document and update PPAP documents.
- Responsible for working with Quality Engineers in maintaining the PPAP tracker.
- Coordination of Appearance Approval Reports and Form, Fit and Function Reports.
- Work with Quality Engineers to establish quality concerns investigation protocol and use GMA SCAR and 8D process as part of the investigation.
- Maintenance of the Quality Issues Database System.
- Coordination of product testing with Design and Test Teams, tracking progress and sign off.
- Supporting inspection of Alpha, Beta, Pilot samples through means of scanning &/or manual methods.
- Liaise with GMA design regarding product manufacturing methods, materials & finishes.
- Ensure that suppliers have GMA-related documents/quality manuals and work with suppliers to ensure they understand GMA requirements.
- Work with QE's & Suppliers on supplier inspection processes and methods.
- Be involved in continuous improvement activities.
- Being a key point of contact for GMA Quality Engineers, Product Managers and Design Engineers.
- Support UK, Europe related warranty issues.
- Lead the development of internal processes and procedures within GMA Supplier Quality Assurance.
Skills / Experience Required:
- APQP & PPAP experience.
- Quality problem solving, corrective actions and investigation.
- Excellent Presentation & Data Acquisition - (Google Suite, Powerpoint / Excel skills).
- Inspection experience - Manual, CMM & 3D Scanning.
- A self-starter and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Good working knowledge of ISO:9001, (or AS9100, IATF 16949).
- HND in engineering, mechanical engineering or quality engineering.
- Auditing experience desirable.
Please note to apply for this position, you MUST have a UK passport / valid UK settlement status or a Visa that does not require sponsorship of any kind.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment Agency.
Premea is a specialist IT & Engineering recruitment consultancy representing clients in the UK and internationally within the Automotive, Motorsport and Aerospace sectors