We are currently recruiting for enthusiastic and innovative Synthetic Green Chemist. This is a new and exciting opportunity based at our client’s facility, a world class company that develops and produces consumer products based in Liverpool. We have an opportunity for a scientist contributing to the development of next generation, renewable, formulation ingredients for personal care products. The role will combine both synthetic chemistry and material characterisation.
In addition, the candidate will also have strong logistic and technical skills as well as resourceful in problem solving and concern for safety associated with planning synthetic reactions. It is expected the ideal candidate will work in a flexible manner exhibiting high energy, self-motivation and resourcefulness. Additionally, will be able to think logically and have the ability to effectively collaborate with and communicate scientific ideas readily.
* Experience of material characterisation experience with a broad range of relevant analytical techniques.
* Demonstrated ability to plan, design and safely progress synthetic manufacturing steps adhering to all safety measures is desirable.
* Ability to execute work plans that apply green chemistry principles to the synthesis of functional materials for use in personal care formulations would be advantageous.
* Experience of building understanding of synthetic pathways and predictions driving scientific knowledge.
* Generate complete characterisation data for materials made, including performance testing in relevant formulations, where necessary.
* Ability in maintaining accurate recordings of experimental data and analysis of results is essential.
* Excellent verbal and written skills, both internally and externally.
* Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with colleagues driving collaboration.
* Experience of delivering process improvement would be desirable.
* Passionate about quality and customer service is essential