At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our ‘family’ at Sanctuary Care, whether that’s our staff, residents or family members.
Weekend Housekeeping Assistant
Prince Alfred Residential Care Home, Rose Villas, Prince Alfred Road, Liverpool, L15 8HH
£8.72 per hour
14 hours per week
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work don’t we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Let’s have some fun while we’re at work, support each other and work hard as a team. There’s loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Prince Alfred for all regardless of role.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can ‘feel’ the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Prince Alfred is special and we’re looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Where you’ll work
Prince Alfred is situated in the heart of Wavertree with stunning views overlooking Mystery Park which can be seen from many of the bedrooms. The local area has many places of interest including the Smallest House in Merseyside and varied shops and cafes. Our team provide a range of care and support including residential and physical disability care for up to 50 residents. Prince Alfred features from beautifully landscaped gardens where residents can enjoy nature and relax in the sun and fresh air in the warmer months.
Click here for more information about the home.
Are you our next Housekeeping Assistant? Here’s more about the role:
* First and foremost – we work together as a team to enrich our residents’ lives – let’s support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
* As a Housekeeping Assistant, you will be responsible for providing a high quality housekeeping service, whilst showing care and commitment to having a positive impact on our residents’ lives
* You will work with a team, all who want to make our residents comfortable in their home.
What skills do I need?
Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
Experience is not essential, as we will help you with all the training and support you’ll need to do the job, what is important is that you are caring, enthusiastic and have energy to share
Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
You will also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Housekeeping Assistant you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
* 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
* Life assurance
* CQC performance bonus
* Overtime enhancement
* Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available
* Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
* Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
* Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
* Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member. If you’d like to know more about the role before you apply, please call us for a chat on and quote Ref: 74184
Closing date: 07 June 2020
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Don’t miss out, please apply early.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity