At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our ‘family’ at Sanctuary Care, whether that’s our staff, residents or family members.
Broadmeadow Court Residential Care Home, 1 Broadmeadow Court, Chesterton, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire
£10.77 per hour
15 hours per week
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work don’t we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Let’s have some fun while we’re at work, support each other and work hard as a team. There’s loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Broadmeadow Court Residential Care Home for all regardless of role.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can ‘feel’ the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Broadmeadow Court Residential Care Home is special and we’re looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Where you’ll work
Nestled in a quiet residential area in Chesterton, Newcastle-under-Lyme, our care home has it all, including our very own family of feathered friends! One cockerel and four hens have an impressive homemade run in the garden and our residents love to sit outside in the relaxing grounds to watch them roam. Starting their lives in an incubator from Hatching Eggs in Stoke-on-Trent, these pets are a really important part of our home and we’ve grown to really love them. Our residents also enjoy spending their time sowing seeds in the raised beds and hanging baskets. Not only that, they look after the fruit and veg patch. We are currently growing lettuces to feed to the chickens, who are by far the most pampered care home pets in Newcastle-under-Lyme!
Click here for further information about the home.
Are you our next Administrator? Here’s more about the role:
* First and foremost – we work together as a team to enrich our residents’ lives – let’s support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
* You will be responsible for maintaining the Care Home’s administrative systems. This will include processing staff payroll and updating staff files, keeping account of finances such as invoicing and petty cash and being involved in data collation, monitoring and reporting
* It is important that you have a methodical and organised approach which will be well utilised as you ensure the home is operating effectively, allowing for the best level of care to be delivered to our residents
What skills do I need?
* Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
* Strong administrative skills are required but it is just as important to us that you are as focused on delivering exceptional customer service as well as having an approachable, caring and compassionate attitude
* Experience within a residential care or similar setting is desirable
* Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
* You will also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Administrator you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
* Life assurance
* CQC performance bonus
* Overtime enhancement
* Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available
* Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
* Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
* Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
* Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member. If you’d like to know more about the role before you apply, please call us for a chat on (phone number removed) and quote Ref: 74982
Closing date: 29 May 2020
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Don’t miss out, please apply early
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity