At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our ‘family’ at Sanctuary Care, whether that’s our staff, residents or family members.
Night Senior Care Officer
Mull Hall Care Home Barbaraville, Invergordon IV18 0ND
£11.40 per hour
22 hours per week
Why work for us?
When you join Sanctuary Care, you will be part of something special – we are an innovative organisation, with ambitious growth plans. At Mull Hall Care Home we put people at the heart of everything we do and that includes our staff. We invest heavily in your training, promote a strong teamwork ethic and make sure that you have the support and resources you need to reach your potential. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our values.
Where you’ll work
Mull Hall care home is a 42 bed in Invergordon offering residential care, palliative care and dementia care in beautiful grounds with views towards Cromarty Firth and Wyvis Mountain Range.
The role of Senior Care Officer will include
* The day to day management and organisation of care assistants, allocating and monitoring work, setting priorities and ensuing the smooth running of the care home
* Assessing service users social and health care needs, working with service users to develop a personal plan of care and maintaining ongoing assessment evaluation and reviews, and communicating with Care managers
* Administering prescribed medications to service users, updating medication records, monitoring compliance and updating GPs regarding this. Assisting in the ordering and receiving of medication for all service users
* Maintaining knowledge of medication, its uses, contra indications and side effects.
Skills and experiences required
* SVQ3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
* Safe Administration of Medication or equivalent certificate
* Experience of working within a care environment
* Good organisational and communication skills
* Understanding of SSSC code of practice
* Knowledge of Moving and Handling, Health and Safety at work, Fire Safety, Infection control and Adult Support and Protection.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Care a great place to work we offer access to a range of great employee benefits including:
* 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Training and development opportunities
* Criminal Records Checks paid for
To apply please click the blue Apply button at the top of the page or please send your up to date CV and covering letter to (url removed)
Closing date: 03 June 2020
We reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time depending on application volumes; therefore an early submission of application is encouraged.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups scheme) check in respect of protected adults will be necessary in the event of a successful application, which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity