The Falcon is set in the picture-perfect village of Castle Ashby, in the heart of the Northamptonshire countryside. The nearby Castle Ashby House has magnificent Capability Brown gardens that draw thousands of visitors per year and are renowned throughout the UK for their preservation and historical significance. The hotel itself was founded in 1594 as a coaching inn and will reopen after a multimillion-pound, three-year refurbishment.
Reimagined as a four-star independent boutique hotel with 22 luxurious bedrooms, The Falcon will have a destination restaurant serving seasonal produce sourced from within the 11,000-acre estate and function as an exclusive wedding venue. In addition, there will be two bars, a juice bar/café, large lounge serving afternoon teas and two terraces serving food and beverage throughout the day.
A country retreat for those in need of rest and renewal, The Falcon will be a destination unlike any other in the Northamptonshire countryside.
We are actively seeking Night Porters to join our team. Reporting to the Front Office Manager.
As a Night Porter you will be responsible for…
* Assisting guests with luggage and other requests, as necessary in a timely and efficient manner
* Demonstrating a high level of customer service at all times
* Liaising with Housekeeping with any jobs that have arisen overnight
* Dealing with complaints at night, find suitable solutions according to policies and procedures set or escalate them to management
* Assisting with fire walks, security walks and, in case of an emergency assist the Night Host
* Demonstrating current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area
* Additional night duties assigned by General Manager & Night Host
* Setting up and clean down of meeting rooms and general cleaning duties
* Ensuring that the front desk operates correctly and efficiently
* Preparing and delivering room service once the chefs are off duty
* Ordering and delivering daily newspapers and charge to rooms appropriately
* Assist other departments, as and when necessary
The Ideal Candidate
Our successful Night Porters will have…
* Previous experience in a high quality and busy 4 or 5-star hotel environment with a genuine interest or desire to progress within hospitality
* Previous night shift experience is desired
* Knowledge of front office procedures and experience within food and beverage
* A desire to be ‘the best’ with high standards
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to work within a team, in a busy hotel
* Due to the beautiful location of the property it can be difficult to reach by public transport, therefore access to your own transport is advisable
We expect a lot but we give a lot to get the right people. There are five main things we look for:
* Character and personality, when you're at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are!
* People who like people, those that can interact with our guests and with colleagues harmoniously
* Positivity, and friendly smiling employees can help to create great guest experiences
* People who naturally go that extra mile, creating that exceptional guest experience and memorable moments
* When you tell a guest you're happy to help, it shows in your smile. This is not just a job, it's hospitality!
Hospitality is all about people and we are committed to our people. We make sure you are happy and well rewarded, so that you pass that happiness onto our guests. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
* Competitive salary
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty
* A share of the gratuities
* Complimentary car parking
* Industry Standard holiday allowance
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme
* Longevity rewards
This role is available with a start date in February 2020. We have a full time (Five nights per week) and part time (Two nights per week) Please submit your CV and a covering letter to our Douglas Cooper, General Manager
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from interested individuals, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note applicants must have the right / permanent right to work in the UK and have satisfactory references