We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our Wellbeing team on a voluntary basis:
* Therapy Assistant Volunteer
The successful applicant will work within the Wellbeing team, supporting the Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists and Physiotherapist to plan therapy groups, programmes and 1:1 sessions with learners.
Specifics to the role:
* Ideally you will be a student studying a relevant subject, or with a view to go into a role in therapy in the future. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain some experience volunteering for a charity, school and college.
* Having regard to, and observing all matters relating to the St. John’s supporting behaviour policy and, as an essential part of your work, demonstrate respect, and ensure dignity of the individual learners; promoting self-esteem, positive self-image and potential achievements.
* Assisting with administration tasks, as instructed by the Lead Therapists.
* To undertake such training and other support that is made available on induction, inset training and on other occasions.
* Devising future therapy targets and activities in conjunction with the Therapists.
St. John’s are committed to safeguarding and protection of young people, vulnerable adults and children.
2 satisfactory professional references and an enhanced DBS check will be a condition of appointment.
We encourage applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion