Becoming an Assistant Business Partner with Capita Local Government:
A successful business partnering arrangement is one where the finance business partner and budget holder mutually trust and respect each other, work as equal partners to meet the service and organisational aims, take collective responsibility for all finance related matters and communicate regularly.
Finance business partners should provide financial insight and overview and provide support and sound financial advice for all business decisions using, amongst other things, financial planning and scenario modelling tools. Communication and liaison between all parties should be regular and Finance business partners should be proactive and strategic.
What you will do:
* Liaise regularly with stakeholders and be a point of contact for queries from stakeholders in relation to any financial matters where support is required.
* Support the business partner where required in providing advice on the financial aspects of complex commissioning and procurement for a portfolio of services
* Provide administrative and transactional support to the Business Partner or Senior Business Partner as required.
* Proactively contribute to the delivery of a high performing, customer focused finance service to the client’s service area. Ensure finance is positioned to be proactive and creative, looking for ways to shape and influence directorate decisions and taking joint responsibility for the outcomes achieved as a result.
* Support financial reporting and advisory service and assist in anticipating short term and long term business needs for the portfolio of services the post has responsibility for.
* Provide advice and support which demonstrates depth of knowledge, expertise and customer focus and assist in the provision of revenue monitoring, capital monitoring, budget setting (revenue and capital), MTFS setting, closure of accounts, support for strategic projects and other ad-hoc financial support for the portfolio of services the post has responsibility for and as directed by the business partner or senior business partner.
Your experience will include:
* Highly numerate
* Experience of developing productive, meaningful, trusted and positive stakeholder relationships.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to analyse, interpret, understand and disseminate complex and detailed technical information in a professional and easy to understand way
* Commitment to maintain professional and ethical standards.
About Capita Local Government
For over 25 years, Capita has been the UK’s leading provider of services to local government. We help councils to improve efficiency, provide better services and become more commercially sustainable. This works through a variety of frameworks, service agreements, commercial partnerships, shared services and joint venture companies. We cover all local government operations – from customer management, HR and property development to back office processing, administration and IT. Join us and you’ll be part of a team providing a full range of back office, middle office and customer facing services.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact for guidance and to request a full job description.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership