About the role
The purpose of the Sous Chef is to assist the Head Chef to manage effectively and efficiently all Catering services in the Home, delivering consistently high quality menus in line with the resident needs & preferences and annual budget. The Sous Chef will assist to maintain excellent health & safety standards in the kitchen and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, regulations and Statutory provisions in the effective management of the Home.
The Sous Chef will comply with kitchen staff duty rotas to ensure consistent service, delivery of the brand proposition and adherence to budget in accordance with Company policy. The Sous Chef will also promote leadership and mentoring to kitchen staff to maintain excellent standards of performance, to ensure awareness and implementation of best practice and to support individual team staff members.
- Chef/cook experience
- Ability to read and follow recipes
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets preferred
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Possess good judgement, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Food handling course qualification
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the business needs
- Effective time keeping and time management
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives.
Gracewell is the number one provider of nursing care in the UK with 100% of all inspected Gracewell nursing homes rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the independent regulator of care services in England