Our client is seeking a Team Manager on an initial 3-month contract with a possibility of an extension.
Monday - Friday, 36 hours
* To develop and embed the Accelerated Support Team’s service using a mixture of statutory and non-statutory interventions to support young people on the edge of care and their families, and evaluate its effectiveness in reducing the risk of significant harm for children and young people.
* The team manager will manage the team and its work and also work directly with the most complex and challenging cases within the team’s remit, providing a high-quality cost-effective and efficient multi-professional service to children and young people in crisis and their families. To provide such service within agreed departmental service and financial priorities and the Council’s Equal Opportunity Policy
* To improve outcomes for children and young people in crisis who require statutory intervention by working in partnership with colleagues in the Children and Young People department, the wider council, schools, police and voluntary and statutory agencies who provide services for children and families. This will involve crisis intervention within both the Early Intervention and statutory framework for young people to prevent them from coming into the care system. The team manager will have responsibility for managing the Deputy Manager who will manage the Extended Hours service. The team manager and deputy manager will be required to participate in an ‘On Call’ rota system and occasionally work evenings and weekends.
* To ensure that the Department’s key performance targets, as they apply to the specific team, are met.
* To support the Head of Service and Service Managers in developing and implementing new and innovative services for children and young people who require statutory intervention and to be responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of the entire Accelerated Support programme.
Duties and Experience:
* Make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service, this will include working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the Council.
* Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability.
* Manage a customer-focused service and the effective use of resources.
* Ensure that the council’s overall vision, values and ethos are central to the requirements of the service.
* Support effective working relationships and act as an ambassador and advocate with external organisations
* Keep up to date with developments in service delivery and best practice to ensure the service performs effectively and to the highest standards.
* To be an expert resource in the areas of Crisis Intervention and Early Intervention
* To assist the Service Manager with the management of budgets within the designated service area.
* To be responsible for the day-to-day management of the team, ensuring that services are delivered to the highest professional standards, meet key measurable objectives and operate within clear and up to date operational policies.
* To ensure that the team carries out planned interventions using a range of tried and tested methodologies including systemic approaches and evidence-based interventions. To ensure that the team utilises problem-solving skills within the context of a professional relationship with parents and their adolescent children
* To ensure that the needs of service users are identified and that assessment of these needs forms the basis of individual care planning as well as the wider commissioning strategy for children in need.
* To ensure the effective allocation of work within the team, ensuring that high priority work is accorded the appropriate status and reflects the key purpose of the team.
* To utilise effective management information and quality assurance systems to ensure that high standards for service delivery are achieved and performance targets (including Performance Indicators) are met, taking remedial action where necessary.
* To share responsibility with the Service Manager for the overall management of the delegated budgets for the service area, including cost-effective financial decision-making. To identify any projected variances identify and implement realistic solutions.
* To ensure the implementation of the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy, the provision of high quality and appropriate services to black and ethnic minority children and their families and the management of a diverse staff group in your area.
* To contribute to the development and implementation of the annual service plan.
* To deputise for the Head of Service and Service Managers in their absence and to provide cover for other managers as appropriate.
* To take the lead in quality assuring the work of the Accelerated Support Team and be responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the Accelerated Support programme.
* To undertake recruitment of social work and ancillary staff within the agreed departmental recruitment procedures.
* To provide regular supervision and appraisals for team members in accordance with the departmental supervision and appraisal policies
* To manage the workload of the team, ensuring rigorous, robust monitoring and implementation of care plans for all children.
* To maintain and develop professional standards of practice and of individual staff in the team.
* To identify individual training needs and develop a training plan for each member of staff.
* Together with the Service Manager, to be responsible for the management of the Council’s disciplinary, grievance, incapability, sickness, harassment, health and safety issues and other relevant personnel procedures, for example, toil, annual leave in relation to your designated team.
* To matrix manage a range of staff from a number of different disciplines including Health and Education.
* To work with partners and engage them in the operation of the service to achieve increased co-operation and co-location.
* To chair statutory reviews, children in need meetings, strategy meetings and Team Around the Family meetings as required.
* To hold responsibility for the decision - making about thresholds for Crisis Intervention, ensuring that cases accepted into the service meet the threshold for the service and are allocated at the right level.
* To hold responsibility for the two subcomponents of the service including the statutory component and the specialist team of Accelerated Support workers, ensuring risk is appropriately assessed and managed with the aim of reducing the risk of significant harm and preventing young people from coming into care.
* Together with the Service Manager, to respond within the Council’s agreed timescales (in conjunction with the Head of Service) to complaints and requests for information from members of the public, Councillors and MPs, to provide a customer focused service to resolve issues at an earlier stage.
* To contribute to the induction of new social work and other staff into the organisation.
* To participate in the management team for the service area.
* To ensure efficient and effective administration and information flow regarding the team’s workload.
Skills and Experience:
* Certificate Qualification in Social Work / Diploma in Social Work or its equivalent
* Evidence of significant relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
* HCPC registered
* In-Depth knowledge of the delivery of services to children and their families and the current issues and legislation affecting them within the specialist area of the team, including the ability to demonstrate the application of relevant theory and research to practice
* Knowledge and understanding of a range of systemic interventions and methodologies, and commitment to using systemic approaches and other evidence-based interventions
* Significant post-qualifying experience including statutory work with Children and their families
* A proven track record of consistently high standards of practice, including in work with adolescents and their families during times of conflict
* Supervision experience
* Experience at a high level of Early Intervention and Early Help services
* Experience at a high level of Crisis Intervention work
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases