Job title: Credit & Marketing Officer (Credit Analyst) - International Bank - City of London
Reporting to: Head of Credit
Position Type: Permanent
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus
Start Date: ASAP
An international bank head-quartered in the City of London who have been growing at a steady pace are expanding their credit team and as a result of this they are actively looking to hire a Credit and Marketing officer on a full-time permanent basis. The ideal candidate for this role would possesses strong analytical skills. Previous experience of loan documentation would be advantageous.
• Strong experience in Credit & Marketing
• Preferably CeMAP qualified
• Perform detailed credit analysis to objectively diagnose and evaluate the Credit risks of an assigned portfolio as well as monitoring the Bank’s exposure and analyzing the profitability clients generate for the Bank.
• Preparation of credit appraisals on new credit limits / applications involving calculation of standard ratios, identifying all material financial risks and opportunities, ensuring comprehensive risk assessment to arrive at a informed recommendation, within specified turnaround time.
• Make suitable recommendations in terms of amount to be sanctioned, acceptability of the risk, terms and conditions of the sanction, pricing etc and presenting credit appraisal note to the appropriate credit committee.
• Reviewing transaction documentation (facility and security agreements, credit approval letter, fee letters etc) to ensure compliance of terms of approval and credit related issues.
• Liaising with agent banks, lawyers etc to facilitate the due diligence process, both internally and externally.
• Handling of portfolio management involving client meetings to gain understanding of their business, financial performance & risks. Monitoring of allocated portfolio and industries for material developments affecting credit quality and the initiation of appropriate action.
• Preparing annual reviews by assigning risk ratings, addressing all relevant risks.
• Preparation of monthly reports / financial returns for presenting to the credit committee / senior management and regulatory authorities.
• Maintaining ongoing effective management of Credit risk, including covenant compliance with facility terms & conditions.
• A good understanding and background in the following:
- Good analytical skills
- Financial analysis
- Invoice Financing
- Real Estate Financing
- Property Lending
- Trade Finance
- Dealing with Loan Discounts