My client based in Suffolk are recruiting for an IT Engineer who is techincally sound with VMWare / Citrix.
IT Engineer Benefits
* Private medical cover
* Pension matching scheme
* Discount on selected retailers and gyms
* Voluntary benefits such as; cycle to work, child care vouchers
IT Engineer Responsibilities
* Assisting in providing support when request volumes are high.
* Perform root cause analysis on recurring and major Incidents monitoring reoccurrence and providing permanent resolutions
* Assist in software releases and rollouts according to change management best practises.
* Maintain incidents and requests assigned within SLA.
* Research solutions through internal and external knowledge base as needed.
* Liaise with business, vendors and other IT personnel for incident resolution
* Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technical expert or vendor, when required.
* Record, track, and document the incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
* Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
* Analysis of recurring events to enable proactive prevention of incidents.
* Analysis of performance and capacity trends to provide proactive prevention of incidents.
IT Engineer Skills & Experiences
* Advanced VMware ESXi server
* Advanced VMware Virtual Centre
* Advanced Windows File server
* Advanced Windows Hyper-V
* Intermediate Microsoft Azure
* Intermediate HP Server Hardware
Some or all of the below:
* Citrix XenApp
* Active Directory Domain Services
* Office 365 administration
* SCCM administration
* SolarWinds administration
* Exchange Online administration
* SQL administration
* Networking including firewall and VPN
* IT Security