I am currently recruiting for a Scientist to join our Manufacturing department, on a 12 month contract.
This is a fixed term contract for 1 year. As a Scientist 1 in our biologics Manufacturing team you will be responsible for conducting customer driven manufacturing campaigns, organising internal resources and supporting the team throughout the duration of the project. You will have a solid understanding of GMP production activities, cleanroom production processes and preferably proven expertise in downstream virus purification techniques. You will be a key member in the manufacturing team working with the customer in the transfer of new projects, organisation of documentation, materials and training as required to ensure successful production and release of clinical intermediate material.
Who you are:
* You will have an HND or higher in a Biological Science discipline and 3-5 years proven work experience in a GMP/ GLP regulated environment or a PhD with 1-2 years’ experience
* You will have proven skills in purification techniques including but not limited to column chromatography, TFF/ UFF, dialysis and ultracentrifugation, preferably under GMP Cleanroom conditions
* You will be able to operate standard purification equipment and associated software packages
* The ability to work with customers to understand their needs, adapt and transfer in processes which are compliant to GMP standards is essential
* Have a strong focus on quality and safety
* The ability to plan and organise and communication both verbal written in a clear and concise manner
* A self-motivated individual with strong initiative and drive is essential
* You will be able to work in a Grade B Cleanroom production environment