Our client is a leading charity, and they are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Store Manager to lead a busy store in Dalston, London.
The charity is community-led, and has been established for over 60 years. They have a strong high street presence, as well as providing a wide range of support and services in the local community. This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as an Assistant Store Manager as they seek to grow their retail presence, which is a key source of funding for the services and support that they provide.
* To deliver sales/profit targets through the effective management and motivation of the shop team including volunteers.
* Exceed customer expectations by providing the highest quality service.
* Adhere to the mission and core values of the charity
* To ensure that all sales targets , KPI’s and results are communicated and that all staff are aware of, understand and are working to meet/exceed the agreed targets and KPI’s
* Ensures maximum stock availability through effective control of collections – generating and sourcing high quality stock, monitoring stock flow into the shop and managing the delivery schedule for the collectors
* Achieves the optimum price point for all stock items and promotional merchandise for seasoned and windowed themes.
* Continually reviews the rotation, quality and replenishment of stock in order to maximise sales
* Provides direction and support to shop staff to actively promote Gift Aid in order to maximise contributions from donations.
* Identifies local market and business development opportunities for performance improvement
* Presents and maintains the highest standards of shop merchandising and visual layout
* Proactively recruits for volunteers, effectively plans volunteer cover and trains in areas related to business needs to realise their full sales potential and contribution to the shop performance
* Provides regular performance feedback, conducts formal performance reviews, trains and develops shop staff in customer service standards, operating standards and retailing skills
* Monitors and controls variable costs e.g. petty cash in accordance with the set targets to maximise the profitability of the shop
* Prepares and completes all shop administration inclusive of cash handling and banking functions to the highest standard, accurately and on time, always adhering to Company Policies and Procedures
* Ensures all Security, Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to in order to provide a safe and secure shop environment for staff ,customers and company assets Provides regular and relevant training for staff in Health and Safety, maintains legal compliance at all times
* Plans and organises daily work load throughout the shop in a way that ensures efficient customer service and a profitable operation
* Ensures all company policies, shop standards and operating procedures are communicated effectively to shop staff and maintained and followed through in a consistent manner
* Actively participates in two way communication sharing and exchanging relevant and appropriate information with the Regional Manager, shop colleagues and Head Office personnel
In return the business will offer a good salary of around £18-21k depending on experience, plus 33 days holiday, and the availability of overtime. It's also a fantastic opportunity to give back to the local community, and lead an ethical, focused business that really helps people. The business will invest in you and help you develop a lasting and rewarding career within the charity.
If this opportunity excites you, and you live in the Dalston area, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role