£30,966 Plus Benefits
For over 65 years Metropolitan has been providing affordable Housing & Care Support Services in the United Kingdom and our Metworks service is responsible for responsive repairs and planned works and operates across all Metropolitan properties.
We are currently recruiting for a Roofer to join our team on a permanent basis to cover the South London area.
We are looking for an experienced Roofer to provide high-quality `right first time` and cost-effective building services to our business and our customers.
You need to have a full UK driving license and will be provided with your own Metropolitan van for working hours.
About the role:
- Identify and undertake roofing and associated work as directed
- Liaise with other employees of the Company as necessary in order to complete specified works.
- Ensure levels of productivity and work within the required timescales/categories or to targets.
- Receive, plan and complete job orders on time and to quality.
- Notify team leader of any associated access issues.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is processed and systems are completed in a timely manner.
- Conduct work in accordance with current legislation, British Standards, Codes of Practice, safe systems of work and recognized industrial standards for such work, minimizing damage to the fabric of the property.
- Embrace the use of information systems and information technology
Carry out minor after-trade work and bolt on skills e.g. brickwork, plastering, tiling and joinery.
- Undertake essential reinstatement work as necessary in order to ensure premises are left in a secure, safe and weather tight condition.
What we`re looking for from you:
- Qualification at NVQ 2 or equivalent
- Asbestos Awareness certificate
- Holder of Appropriate CSCS Card
- Requirement to have full UK driving licence and the ability to be able to travel
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours.
- Abrasive Wheel Training
- PASMA Qualification
- Ability to read Construction Drawings
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Well-being Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many