Our client, a specialist manufacturer in the UK, is currently recruiting for a Part-Time Warehouse Operative for their depot based in Byfleet. The ideal candidate would be working 5 hours a day on Monday - Friday each week (ideally 10am to 3pm, but flexibility can be offered).
The successful candidate's responsibilities will be to accurately pick, prepare and label goods for distribution.
The client is a friendly, family-run business that has been established for over 40 years. They are growing year on year, and provide a enjoyable and stable environment to work in. They also have enjoyable benefits such as an early finish on a Friday afternoon.
This person may be engaged in any, or all, of the following:
• Pick goods for production as required, ensuring sufficient stock levels are maintained for the production teams and rotating stock on a FIFO basis.
• Prepare components for use in production ensuring works orders are completed on time to avoid delays in the production process
• Pick and pack goods for despatch as per customer orders, within delivery timeframe, ensuring stock rotation on a FIFO basis and accompanied by the correct paperwork.
• Ensure that corrective actions are avoided by timely and accurate picking.
• Load transportation companies at the end of the day and ensure manifests are correct to load.
• Assist when necessary with Goods-In and perform any special inspection procedures as defined.
• Place any Goods-In rejects into the designated bay and inform the Warehouse Manager.
Health & Safety
• To work in accordance with the company Health & Safety Policy - in particular:
• To ensure the warehouse is clean and tidy
• Experience in a busy warehouse environment (not essential but advantageous)
• Maintained system based stock records (not essential but advantageous)
• Able to work to tight time deadlines
• Flexible - able to work extra hours as and when needed
• Meticulous and tidy
• Works well in a team with friendly manner
• Good telephone manner & communication skills
If you are an experienced Warehouse Operative and looking for part-time hours, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role