Our client is a leading supplier of food, coffee, and beverage solutions, and they are seeking an Area Manager to join their expanding team in the Bristol area.
The Area Manager will be responsible for managing and directing a team of field based retail merchandisers, helping them to deliver a high quality of customer service and a retention of the company business. They will work closely with their team of around 10 people, covering clients in the Bristol area.
* Determine the daily activities of a team of vending merchandisers utilising available IT systems.
* Monitor progress throughout the day and flex resources to ensure all required work is covered.
* Attending customer service review meetings and the renewal of existing customer term agreements in order to develop high quality client relationships and the ongoing retention of existing machine base and revenue streams.
* Adopt a proactive approach to problem solving to assume a right-first-time mentality within the team, direct reports and projection to our customers.
* Improve profitability by machine, customer and operator by ensuring machines are correctly presented, fully functional and replaced if necessary to aid the opportunity for increasing throughput & revenue.
* Balance resources and workloads to ensure there is sufficient merchandiser coverage to maintain a high quality of operating service.
* Achieve the daily, weekly and monthly Operating KPI based on quality of operating, which will include fill values by machine type, zero fill and missed visit percentages which increases productivity and throughput revenue.
* Undertake direct report reviews, setting and reviewing given targets and identifying training and development needs to increase excellence in market knowledge and direct capabilities.
* Through proper procedures, auditing and other checks control the key company assets of cash, stock and vehicles.
* Personally display and demand a strong work ethic within the team and work with other departments within to ensure coverage, communication and service delivery of a large proportion of the operating day and during holiday and absence.
* Provide a supportive and flexible working environment for operators to ensure the role attracts sufficient numbers of good quality people to increase long term service & vending excellence.
* Manage the day-to-day operation of the depot based fleet of operation including vehicles for direct reports, ensuring Road Transport and Health and Safety legislation is adhered to at all times.
* Ensure direct reports carry out their required tasks through a process of continual feedback and regular formal review sessions, taking corrective actions to improve behaviour as required. This may include being involved in formal disciplinary action for failures in quality audits, poor service or duties outlined in a person’s duties & responsibilities.
* Ensure that all depot based staff work within the company’s and legislative Health and Safety regulations.
* Control the effective handling and timing of Human Resource administration
* To undertake other appropriate tasks as may occur from time to time.
* IT Competency with Outlook and Microsoft Windows.
* Full driving licence
* Professional, effective and assertive communicator at all levels of the organisation.
* Capable to work under own initiative.
* Ability to work under pressure being adaptable to swift changes.
* Demonstrated ability to lead other during a period of change.
* Self-motivated to execute the required tasks and area of responsibilities to a high quality and standard.
Although this is an office based role in Bristol, the company will provide a company vehicle to enable you to travel to meet with your team members in the field and visit client sites, and as such you wouldn't be expecting to be in the office each day. They will also offer a basic salary of around £21-23k, plus incentives and bonuses.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading company in the coffee and beverage industry. If you live in the Bristol area and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV now