Company - Leading supplier within the food industry.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Fishmonger,
Butcher or Chef. Working in a busy distribution centre, you will train
to handle and prepare fish for delivery to customers in a timely
You will work in a fast paced and pressurised environment, managing
tight timescales within a tight knit team.
As well as manual preparation of fish, you will also be involved in
quality inspection, stock control, goods in duties, and completion of
You also be given full forklift training as part of the role, and will
achieve a recognised fishmongery qualification.
You must be happy to work a night shift of 10am-7am 5 nights per week
(You will have Saturday nights off and one other night during the
* Ensuring the Goods Returns System is adhered to.
* Rotation and counting of stock and use of the dot system.
* Completion of temperature sheets on a daily basis.
* The quality, presentation, preparation accuracy and timeliness of
all products outward bound.
* Ensuring the cleaning schedule is adhered to.
* Ensuring the Health and Safety schedule is adhered to at all times
* Ensuring goods inwards issues (short weight and quality issues)
are recorded and reported to Supervisor.
Required Skills / Experience:
* You will need good numeracy skills, and an excellent attitude to
work to be considered for this role
* Knife preparation skills.
* Understanding of product packaging requirements.
* Attention to detail.
* Problem solving ability.
* Team working ethic with clear communication
* Basic food and hygiene certificate or similar
Location - Aylesbury
Salary: Up to £28K (dependent upon experience)
Hours: Nights 10pm-7am 5 shifts a week from Sunday to Friday (Saturday
off and one other day over the week)