A Star Teachers are working closely with a Secondary School based in Tower Hamlets to appoint an enthusiastic and ambitious Teacher of Science for a long-term post. This position is due to start on the First Week of September!
As a Teacher of Science, you will be tasked with delivering engaging and inspiring Science lessons to mixed ability students. You will be teaching All Sciences across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4, so no particular Science specialism is desired. As this is a long-term post, you will be responsible for planning and preparing lessons. You will also be required to mark work and assess pupils as they progress.
The school are committed to delivering an outstanding education, with all students making rapid and sustained progress during their time at school. There also are amazing opportunities for career development or those Teachers who commit to the ethos of the school. The Science Faculty in particular are a strong and successful department, with colleagues that go above and beyond to provide students with the best learning opportunities.
If you are either a Science NQT or an experienced Teacher of Science we would love to hear from you!
To be considered for this Teacher of Science post, you should:
* Have an enthusiasm and passion for Science, which you can utilize to inspire students
* Possess a good knowledge of All Sciences Curriculum at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 level
* Be hardworking and committed, willing to commit until the end of the academic year in this post
* Be willing to go above and beyond the demands of a supply teacher to give students the best opportunities possible
If the role above appeals to you based on where you are currently in your career and what you would like your next challenge to be we strongly advise contacting Spencer on the secondary team at the earliest opportunity - Spencer@astarteachers.com or alternatively call 0207 272 7070.
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
* You must hold QTS or a UK recognised equivalent teaching qualification
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
It is A* Star Teachers' policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, due to the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to each applicant individually. If we have not contacted you within three working days, your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may feel suitable for in the future. A* Star Teachers is a Quality Marked Agency (continuously since 2002) and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.