The primary role of the Engineer is to provide Signature Control and Management services to the Submarine Design and Build Projects in Barrow. This is accomplished through the delivery of the Acoustic and non-Acoustic Signature performance requirements specified in new submarine build contracts to ensure the stealth capability of the platform is achieved. The core duties will require ability in some of the following niche key skills, mostly relating to either Acoustic or non-Acoustic specialisation, it is not expected that all skills are available from the successful candidate.
The specific duties of the Principal Engineer are:
- Assessing supplier's equipment delivery, taking into consideration:
- Design for Acoustics, Noise and Vibration performance, or non-acoustics.
- Proposed Acoustics, Noise and Vibration or non-acoustic qualification methods,
- Acoustics, Noise and Vibration or non-acoustic qualification results.
- The aim is to ensure supplier's delivery is compliant with the Dreadnought Class Acoustics, Noise and Vibration and non-acoustic requirements.
- Proving design and Acoustics, Noise and Vibration or non-Acoustic qualification guidance to suppliers in support of their aim to achieve qualification.
- Acoustics, Noise and Vibration or non-Acoustic engineering design support and assessment to the spatial and structural integration of equipment and distributed systems throughout the Dreadnought Class platform.
- Support and undertake Acoustics, Noise and Vibration or non-Acoustic analysis activities, as required to achieve qualification of equipment and equipment integration to the platform. This includes guidance both internal to the project and to suppliers.
- Support to Acoustic and non-Acoustic Signature qualification activities being undertaken by the Dreadnought Class Project.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.