Quanta is looking for Project Engineers to be based in Hampshire for a contract opportunity with a leading organisation involved in heavy lifting and transportation.
Our client is looking for Project Engineers to provide technical solutions from 'A to Z' for all activities during the commercial and execution phase of projects in accordance to Client Project Methodology and the Direct Project Parameters (DPP) concerned.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Drawing up and managing manuals, standard procedures and technical databases.
- Designing drawings and calculations of supporting constructions/lifting devices for Lifting and Heavy Transport projects.
- Assisting and Project and Site Managers in project preparation and handling technical issues during execution.
- Being the technical Single Point of Control/Contact (SPOC)/Project Leader for client (on site).
- Developing and following up on complete engineered Lifting and Transport plans.
- Calculating (ground pressure, trailer suitability and barge ballasting, crane capacity, steel structures and lifting equipment) and determining the details of projects.
- Completion of AutoCAD drawings and/or steering the CAD Engineering.
- Designing custom lifting devices and auxiliary transport equipment.
- Working with staff in the field to develop solutions to and troubleshoot complex heavy left and transport challenges.
- Perform sit measures and checks site information.
- Collect necessary data on site to guarantee a smooth engineering and a smooth operation.
- Drawing up method statements together with Project Manager.
- Keeping all technical project data up-to-date and stored.
- Extensive experience in transportation and heavy lifting industry is advantageous.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with standard rules and guidelines with respect to strength calculations.
- Extensive experience working as a Project Engineer or equivalent.
- Experience working with computerised drawing programmes like AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Experience reading and interpreting plans and drawings.
- Extensive experience in performing strength calculations, mechanics, stability and related calculations.
- Experience working with computerised calculation packages like FEM.
- Good knowledge of English Language (reading, listening, written and spoken).
- Undergraduate degree or higher in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or related subject.