Housekeeping Manager. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Housekeeping Manager to lead and manage the housekeeping team at a stunning 5 Star, multi award winning, 14 bedroom, country house wedding and events venue. Featured extensively in the press and on TV, and located near Whitchurch, on the borders of North Wales, Shropshire and Cheshire , it’s a friendly, family-run business in a beautiful setting. The role is full time & permanent.
Working 5 days a week including weekend and weekday shifts, and hosting 2-3 private events a week, the Housekeeping Manager will be responsible for all elements of housekeeping within the house and surrounding buildings including interaction with clients and event managers to ensure guests are looked after to the highest possible standard. A can-do attitude, flexibility and a friendly and helpful nature are essential qualities for this role.
MAIN DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Training and managing the housekeeping team
• Carrying out and overseeing daily cleaning & tidying of the house to a 5 Star standard
• Welcoming guests & ensuring their requirements are met to their satisfaction
• Managing weekly housekeeping rotas and holidays
• Managing laundry services, contractors and contracts
• Keeping an eye on all aspects of the property, reporting damage, wear & tear
• Ensuring all bedroom / house faults are reported and rectified immediately
• Liaising with Event Managers and Chef to ensure all housekeeping requirements are planned and met for each event
• Controlling linen stocks and ensuring costs are in line with the budget
• Managing budgets, negotiating with suppliers & carrying out regular stock-takes
• Maintaining regular staff meetings and effective communication with all staff
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
• Have previous work experience in a 5 Star or high-end hotel / private venue
• Have an eye for detail and promote a high standard of cleanliness
• Be able to confidently motivate, organise and manage staff
• Be able to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
• Assign tasks on a daily basis, ensuring nothing is overlooked
• Provide training and development to 5 Star standard for all housekeeping staff
• Liaise with suppliers, negotiate good prices and order products
• Have excellent Health & Safety knowledge, with relevant certificates
• Have basic computer skills including MS Outlook, Word and Excel (NB. Stock management is recorded on computer).
• Understand and have the ability to work to budget
• Deliver for clients a memorable experience that exceeds their expectation
Flexibility is essential in this role. The business works as a team with everyone helping out when necessary, the most important objective being to exceed client expectations at all times.
An attractive starting salary is available, completely negotiable depending on your experience, together with pension, onsite parking, a friendly atmosphere and a beautiful location in which to work. If you are a friendly and talented Housekeeping Manager and find this opportunity exciting, have the necessary experience to perform at 5-star level and the desire to make a real contribution to the business please apply, we'd like to hear from you