This entry level position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the overall daily operations of the store to maximize sales and profits by taking responsibility for all aspects of the store's operations while playing an active role on the sales floor. In the Store Manager's absence, this position will take on the responsibilities of the Manager.
Join us at VANS and you’ll connect with a team who’s daring, passionate and confident with the backing of over 50 years’ experience. And whether its extreme sports or alternative lifestyles that attract you here, you can be assured that VANS will continue to be Off the Wall.
VANS has always been characterised by a fearless pursuit of the future. The past decade has seen the VANS’ UK market share grow by over 300%, making us the leading action sports and lifestyle footwear brand which is delivered in our stores by providing world class customer service.
We are looking for an Assistant Store Manager (Fixed Term 12 months) to join us in our new Kildare Outlet store in Ireland. As the second in command in store, you will:
* ensure sales growth
* lead and deliver high levels of customer care
* merchandise creatively
* manage stock and administration efficiently
* plus, you’ll provide cover in the Store Manager’s absence
* play a role in staff development
To join us you’ll need
* supervisory experience with a high profile fashion/lifestyle/sports branded retailer
* strong people management skills
* the ability to lead and motivate the team by setting a positive, hands on example which drives customer service
* flexibility to work 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7, including evenings and weekends.
* In return, we offer a competitive salary and bonus scheme, generous uniform allowance, group discounts and a contributory pension scheme.
The Inside Track
You may not be familiar with VF Corporation, but chances are that you know our brands quite well. From The North Face® jackets to Timberland® boots, we outfit people of all walks of life. In fact, we have more than 30 brands that serve consumers around the world.
Organized in 1899, VF has grown to be a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel and footwear with about 60,000 associates. Our businesses and brands are organized into five coalitions: Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, Sportswear and Contemporary Brands. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our one-company approach to doing business provides a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
Our five largest brands are The North Face®, Vans®, Wrangler®, Timberland®, and Lee®.
Due to the high volume of candidates we receive, we will only contact successful candidates for the interview stage