Assistant Store Manager:
• Salaried position - 45 hours per week, includes weekends, rota to be finalised upon employment.
We are one of the UK's leading Cash & Carry and foodservice operators as well as leading importers and suppliers of food in the UK.
We are a growing business and a dynamic place to work and We employ over 300 employees across the group, and our success is reliant on our staff feeling engaged, motivated and valued. We share a common goal of providing customer satisfaction as the group continues to expand and thrive in a variety of competitive markets. The company operate a mixed fleet of vehicles used to transport goods to our clients across the UK.
The West Bromwich store is looking to strengthen its Management team by introducing an additional Assistant Manager.
• Delivering consistent high store standards, improving range, merchandising and on shelf availability
• Managing routine procedures whilst ensuring that all policies are adhered to.
• Delivering store key performance indicators- Sales, profit, shrinkage, wage costs etc to achieve targets set as agreed with your manager
• Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and setting challenging targets to minimise payroll costs
• Manage, lead and develop the team to deliver high performance
• Maintain H&S, food safety and fire regulations
• Ensure the security procedures are followed by all employees and updated as required
• Ensure the customer always has a good shopping experience by having plans in place, encouraging the right culture, and challenging the team to improve service
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, using feedback to improve service and satisfaction
• Effectively communicate with third parties both internal and external
• The training, discipline and motivation of all staff, ensuring that there is always sufficient staff cover. Monitoring attendance, time keeping, performance
• As a key holder you will participate in an on call rota with other Managers for any security issues/breaches out of hours and will be required to comply with security requirements when opening and locking the store.
The candidate will need to:
• Have a proven track record with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management role within a wholesale / retail environment (Preferably food)
• Be self-motivated, hardworking and able to work autonomously
• Be IT literate and have excellent administrative skills
• Have a good level of commercial awareness in a wholesale / retail environment
• Be resilient when faced with business opportunities
• Be responsive and proactive in your management style to suit operational requirements
• Be a hands on type of manager
A range of benefits are available to the successful candidate, including; a full staff benefits scheme with retail discounts, discounted products and memberships. In addition there is also an employee assistance programme, staff discount in store, childcare voucher scheme and more!
Please contact Mathew Maddison on (Apply online only)