Aircraft Engine Mechanical Fitter
RAF Odiham, Hook, RG29 1QT
Serco Defence has a vacancy for a Mechanical Fitter working in support of the Chinook Engine repair Facility (ERF) at RAF Odiham.
It is essential the ideal candidate will have significant experience of the Chinook Engine, the Chinook Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) and associated engineering support equipment, with a working knowledge of the following:
* T55/ 714 Engine & Titan APU
* Mod F700 Maintenance documents
* Have a understanding of Lean and CI procedures
* Have a understanding of Health & Safety, COSHH and Quality Practices
* Is able to carry out the contractual requirement for out of hrs tasking
* Be able to carry out any other task within their capability as directed by their Line Manager
* They promote Serco’s professional Company image in all liaisons with the Customer and outside agencies
The successful candidate will be expected to normally work within a day shift system of 38 hours/week plus overtime as and when required. Normal working hours - 0800 till 1630 daily. He/she will have the skills and a completely flexible approach to the Company’s task with a full understanding of the Company’s exacting quality requirements.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on (Apply online only) as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward