Who is the client?
The client is the first ever global peer-to-peer platform for government, already connecting public servents, policy makers and politicians to the ideas, experts and partnets they need to overcome the issues faced by society in 130 countries.
Working within this team you will find yourself central to the transformation's brought about through this new modern technology, using digital tools to transform the business of government in countries all over the planet - argued as one of the greatest technological endeavours of the age.
For this role you will need to be incredibly driven, hardworking, but fun! The client is commited to creating an enviroment in which people can thrive, deeply value driven, and focussed upon contstantly improving the world, one step at a time!
Values you will need to have:
Public Service First
- A deep respect for the work of public servants everywhere as a force for good
- A commitment to ensuring everything we do on the platform always benefits our public service member
- Involving public servants in the design and creation of new features
- Undaunted by the scale of the world's challenges and excited to learn, even from mistakes
- A focus on what's working today (more than we think) as a foundation for improving tomorrow (which can be better than we think)
- An optimism about people: our network members, our team members, citizens everywhere
- Openness and a belief that the best solutions can come from anywhere
- A belief that sharing benefits governments, societies and citizens
- A deep curiosity about ideas from unfamiliar places and voices
You will have enormous scope to drive the technical decisions that shape the platform, as well as helping to expand the team, and thus the company at large.
You ensure the highest quality code is delivered in line with product cycles, and keep flexibility, security and our particular user base front-of-mind at all times. You are comfortable with agile methodology and thrive working in a team whilst still being comfortable in a distributed company.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Experience with both backend and frontend development
- Minimum 3 to 5 years building and deploying full stack web applications
- Kubernetes, or strong in Docker and familiar with microservice architecture
- NodeJS, ideally Express, React Redux
- Familiarity with more than one language (of which one would helpfully be Ruby or Ruby on Rails)
- Comfort adapting from an existing WordPress codebase
- Knowledge of RDBMS database concepts and SQL
- Experience in machine learning and recommendation engines
- Understanding of end to end processes that underpin delivery of a web app, from UX research to Quality Assurance
- Experience in agile development
- Bachelor's degree (preferred but not essential)
- provided by Dice