Learning Disabilities (Supported Living Services)
Long Eaton, Derbyshire
£21,089, plus excellent company benefits
Full time, permanent
MRB Health & Social Care Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for a Deputy Manager working with a registered Charity. The company provide support to people across England and Wales with learning disabilities, mental health needs and physical disabilities and provide them with the necessary support to take control of their lives.
Employing over 3000 staff, the company have several accreditations and awards. The company are totally committed to staff development and have been recognised as an Investor in People (IIP) Bronze, therefore staff learning, development and support is at the top of their agenda to help people reach their potential.
What is also positive about the organisation is the high level of staff retention with Management advising that they feel very well supported in their role and have the full autonomy to complete their role.
We are currently looking for a Deputy Manager for the Long Eaton region in Derbyshire. Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for the busy day to day running of approximately 2 – 3 houses within the services, whilst also leading, developing and mentoring a team of staff through person centred approaches.
As a Deputy Manager, you will be required to work on a rota basis. Some hours per week will be set aside for management tasks such as supervisions, training, wages etc, whilst some hours will require you to be hands on.
Due to the nature of this role, drivers are essential.
What we are looking for in a Deputy Manager:
• Passionate about supporting individuals with learning disabilities and making a difference.
• Experience of supporting people with a learning disability / mental health needs.
• Ideally hold an NVQ Level 3 in Social Care Management or equivalent or be studying towards this qualification.
• Experience of supervising and motivating staff.
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
• IT literate and confident in the use of different IT systems / packages.
• Willing to undertake required training, sometimes off site and outside normal working hours.
• Willing and able to travel between locations as required.
• Available for flexible working patterns including evenings, weekends, etc as required.
• Able to undertake on-call duties on a rota basis.
Look at some of the fantastic company benefits our client offers:
• 25 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time), which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
• Pension contribution
• Childcare vouchers
• Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
• Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
• Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
• Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
If you are interested in taking up a new job as a Deputy Manager, please email your immediately quoting reference MB – Deputy Manager – Long Eaton