My client is a private utility company based in the South West and they are looking for an experienced and professional Enterprise Architect Lead who has strong leadership skills, experience with leading functions, methodology, knowledge from the business to technical side and experience in working across architecture platforms.
They require an individual who is looking for a challenging role and the opportunity to impact a change, grow a team and develop the role.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the organisation's technology and governance strategies, policies and standards
- Full life cycle experience, responsible for the development of a complete set of architectural views for an enterprise in accordance with one of the common architecture frameworks (eg Zachman, TOGAF, DoDAF, MODAF, FEAF).
- Strong business analysis skills and experience, including development of business vision and strategies, functional decomposition, requirements capture, process modelling
- Leading the Enterprise architecture capability in SWS
- This person will be a leader in strategy and innovation and provide direction, guidance and definition of an enterprise's architecture to effectively support corporate business strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, maintain and communicate an appropriate and actionable Enterprise Architecture for SWS IT that will support the business strategy of the organization;
- Review the as-is enterprise architecture and identify and propose areas of improvements for ensuring interoperability, maintainability, scalability, sustainability, integrity and compatibility of information system;
- Ensure up-to-date enterprise architecture documentation and modelling;
- Define and maintain the target enterprise architecture and the roadmaps towards its implementation;
- Define and update the enterprise architecture process area;
- Be the IT interface with business actors on architecture matters; collect business visions and needs; evaluate technologies as part of technical review board;
- Identify business synergies, common goals and objectives across multiple strategic programs and support adequate architecture design opportunities;
- Define business patterns, technical meta data and data models in compliance with business needs;
- Promote and build common architecture interests by cooperating closely with solution architects; lead the community of interest; inform, support and involve as necessary colleagues on ongoing and planned activities regarding enterprise architecture;
- Develop the IT technology long term strategy in conjunction with the CIO and IT Heads of Department;
- Significant, in-depth professional experience in relevant architecture design of business views and processes, information, applications, IT security and infrastructure, providing technical design leadership in large or complex projects in a regulated environment.
- At least five years must be acquired in a comparable enterprise architecture position and design authority, with enterprise-wide responsibilities;
- BSc/BA Degree ideally in Computer Science, Information technology, Engineering, or equivalent;
- Proven technical background, encompassing both internal and outsourced development as well as integration of commercial off-the-shelf applications across all layers, Middleware environments;
- Proven experience in enterprise architecture blueprint development, governance and management;
- Strong knowledge of relevant architectural frameworks such as TOGAF (preferred) or Zachman; deep understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices;
- Sound experience in developing strategic reasoning and advice
- Regulatory experience and ideally working with GIS, EAM, ERP, Telemetry, Digital, Middleware, Business Intelligence, operational systems, SaaS/IaaS, Hybrid Cloud.