Operational Data Analyst - Excel required by a Leading Financial Services Company based near Reading. This Company is one of the biggest and most respected in its industry, and has an out-standing reputation in the market.
As an Operational Data Analyst - Excel you will join a dynamic and friendly team of 3 and you will have a varied role including supporting the operations departments by helping internal customers understand their data and how it can be used. This is an exciting role with plenty of scope for progression.
Key Responsibilities of the Operational Data Analyst - Excel:
- Manage a suite of existing Excel based reports by updating and distributing in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate your understanding of such reports by providing complimentary, written commentary.
- Interpret and challenge ad-hoc requests in order to help customers (primarily operational department heads) articulate their requirements.
- Extract the relevant data from internal systems and present back in a clean/consistent format. Verbally communicate with our customers on any information being presented.
- Build new reports from scratchbased on requirements captured.
Wider Responsibilities of the Operational Data Analyst - Excel:
- Assess the effectiveness of current performance monitoring and what it is telling us. Work with other Analysts and business users to constantly improve measures.
- Challenge the internal use of data and present viable options for ways in which it can drive improvement.
Essential requirements of the Operational Data Analyst - Excel:
- Experience of producing Management Information in Excel.
- A good understanding of Excel including Pivot Tables and aggregating raw data
- Comfortable working with data from a number of different sources
- A willingness to understand the information presented and the decisions it helps facilitate.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The accountability to check your own work.
- Good eye for presentation.
- Ability to apply business questions to the systems in place.
Desirable requirements of the Operational Data Analyst - Excel:
- Knowledge of financial service industry
- Prior experience working in/reporting on operational departments.
- Understanding of outputted data (What it means and how it can be used practically).
As an Operational Data Analyst you will receive a base salary of up to £30,000 depending on experience, together with a bonus of up to 10%, 25 days holiday, private medical, contributory pension, life assurance, childcare vouchers, Vodafone friends and family, Microsoft Office Home to name but a few.
To apply for this urgent role, please send an updated version of your CV or apply within.