Our client is a global market leader in the manufacture of high performance automated production lines with an exceptional industry reputation for quality, innovation and value. Due to their continuous growth there is a new opportunity for an experienced Ecommerce Procurement Manager. With extensive purchasing experience This role will help to develop and scale their online portal brand to other similar industrial equipment manufacturers. The role will primarily focus on other suppliers of parts and equipment so to rapidly scale the range and business. The role is UK based, but with the possibility of occasional travel into Europe.
- Develop and implement sourcing and procurement strategies across the fast moving range, while remaining highly agile in both thinking and supplier selection
- Establish and manage the procurement process and team
- Delivering procurement best practice
- To deliver procurement solutions for the business and its partners that will ensure on time delivery whilst also meeting cost and quality requirements
- Managing the risks of different market sourcing and the impact to the business
- Working closely with internal and other partners of the group to help locate the most appropriate suppliers
- Ensuring contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- Managing supplier performance, identifying and assessing potential new suppliers as well as building long term supplier relationships
- Negotiating with suppliers, improving the trading position in a sustainable way
- To review spend, identifying areas for cost savings, internal process improvements and improved supplier performance
- To review and negotiate optimum commercial terms for BSW
- To support wider initiatives that will improve the business's commercial capability, especially with regards to promoting usage of the company's portal
- Proven successful experience across all elements of the procurement role in a fast-paced E-commerce high transaction-based business
- Experience of a business that has scaled fast and successfully
- Experience in sourcing and developing profitable long-term partnerships with a range of suppliers
- Experience of supplier relationship management
- Strong commercial acumen aligned with excellent influencing skills to be seen as a trusted advisor'
- Detail orientated, hands on, results driven
- Has a real sense of urgency and ownership
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively both internally and with suppliers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Confident communicator with strong presentation skills
- Willing to generate and try new ideas and concepts
Education and Skills:
- Degree level or equivalent educated
- English at an advanced/fluent level.
- Fluency in a European language such as French or Italian is a significant advantage
This is a permanent role located in Milton Keynes paying a competitive salary, car, 13% pension, health & more with good long-term career growth opportunities for the right candidate.
TD Group Limited acts as an employment business for interim positions and an employment agency for permanent positions.
TD Group is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.