Job title Rail Operations Supervisor
Reports to General Manager
The Rail Operations Supervisor will be overseeing the Rail Product team with holding and booking rail, air, transfers and other transport and ancillary offerings. To Support the Rail Product Team updating and maintaining the Rail Lookup System.
Duties and responsibilities
• Support team with booking, holding and ticketing all transportation tickets.
• Deal with internal and external rail product inquiries with a focus on the customer and assisting the inside sales team.
• Update bookings with any schedule changes and updating customers as required.
• Support the team to maintain and update the Rail Lookup System as required including addition of new data as needed.
• Be an expert on and train on all rail booking and ticketing systems accessed in UK office, including Rail Look Up System.
• Proactively seek out opportunities to increase gross margin and customer experience train on implementation.
• Support all relevant projects assigned in the Rail Product department
• Check rail costings, booking and ticketing to ensure accuracy and compliance for all deadlines and rates.
• Research all rail profitability questions and respond in a timely manner as requested.
• Assist in educating sales team and other internal teams about the product line.
• Attend consumer and trade shows as needed
• Proactively suggest enhancements to our product portfolio based on booking trends, schedule changes and developments.
• Assist Guest Relations as required.
• Answer sales calls during busy periods if necessary.
• Perform other duties as required including taking overflow sales calls. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Well organised and extremely detail oriented.
• Proven ability to multi-task on multiple projects at once.
• Analytical skills and strategic thinking.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Job Type: Full-time
• Staff Incentive scheme
• 20 days holiday (with 1 extra day awarded for each complete year of service up to a maximum of 25 days)
• Work place pension and cash health plan
• Familiarisation Trips (Get paid to experience our holidays)
Hours of work:
Monday to Saturday 37.5 hours per week on a rota system working 5 days out of every 6
How to apply:
Submit your CV and covering letter outlining why you are suitable for this role and details of destinations that you have travelled to.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are regrettably unable to personally reply to them all therefore, we will only contact you if your application is successful.
AGENCIES – PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS VIA RECRUITMENT AGENCIES