MO Business Change Specialist
- Executing all required project related activities across the full project life cycle
- Gathering, defining, agreeing and documenting requirements to ensure traceability and favourable project control
- Where required, to provide insight and analysis into possible future projects and business cases ensuring accurate estimates for benefits and other project deliverables are SMART.
- Where needed, provide cover for project managers in executing project management phases such as but not limited to, initiation, planning, execution, control and monitoring and closure tasks.
- Where needed, provide accurate status tracking and reporting, Issue Management (including workshops when required), Managing actions, Dependency Management, chairing/attending Governance meetings and when required escalation to Senior Management.
- Maintain all project documentation to required internal standards.
- Acting as an expert and Champion in terms of promoting and abiding by our project management approach, principles and methodology.
- Where required, completing all necessary processes documentation and procedures to promote projects into the production environment, including the management of deployment dates, plans, sign-offs, migration planning, training plans and contingency/back-out plans.
- Supporting the executing associated Change Management tasks related to the portfolio, sub portfolio of projects or change initiatives.
- Where appropriate, project tracking, control and reporting to CMMi Level 3 standards. To include management of risks, issues, dependencies, actions, budget tracking, change control and regular reporting
- Supporting our client and project integrated change control process. This may also mean dealing directly with our client in a professional manner.
- Where required be a subject matter expert for project team members and the ability to perform varying levels of business analysis when required to do so
- Where appropriate working with IT in managing vendors and or clients
- Collation of materials, chairing and minuting the project documents and internal/external meetings. Using the appropriate brainstorming, facilitation techniques and business analysis tools and techniques to ensure requirements meet the business need.
- Dealing with all levels of the organisation from developers to senior sponsors
- Effective project risk management
- Work with teams across multiple locations (including but not limited to London, Glasgow, Paris and Chennai)
Key internal stakeholders:
- The Business (Local and Global Production Teams)
- Local and Global IT/IT Development Teams
- Sponsors and Senior Management
- IT Development and Support Teams in London and Chennai
- Product and Strategic Operating Model (SOM) Team
- IT Service Delivery Teams in London and Chennai
- PMO Team
- Head of Operations (key stakeholder)
- Global Head of Middle Office (key stakeholder)
- Heads of UK IT and Engineering Teams
- Other internal Business Areas
Key external key stakeholders:
- AFS Clients
- Vendor liaison (including but not limited to FIS, XSP, Intellimatch, Tradeflow, brokers and other third parties).
Senior Managers and Conduct Regime (SMCR) status: Conduct Rules
Is this a Training & Competence role? No
Skills and Experience required
Competencies required for the role:
- Delivery focussed Business Analyst
- Experience of our business more specifically Middle Office Fund Administration/Accounting Operations such as Asset Servicing (Income & Corporate Actions), Transactions Management (Treasury, Trade, Derivatives and Cash Management), Reconciliations and Reporting.
- Client facing experience (preferred)
- Ability to deal with all levels of the organisation from developers to senior sponsors
- Collaborative approach and good interpersonal skills
- Expert in delivering business analysis tools and techniques
- Ability to drive a solution/s through to completion
- Experience in delivering analysis through business process modelling, requirements gathering, traceability, testing and support business control management (preferred)
- Experience managing vendors, particularly when dealing with testing phases of projects(preferred)
- Team player
- Strong team player and where required manage other BA's
- Good interpersonal skills
Qualifications required for the role:
- A Level or equivalent educational qualification
- Degree and/or
- Business Analysis and/or Project Management Qualification (Business Analysis qualification preferred)
- Strong Business Analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal and people skills
- Proven track record for project support and delivery
- Financial industry experience preferably Middle Office Operations
- Strong negotiating skills
- Client facing experience
- Good knowledge of the development life cycle
- Experience managing vendors and testing life cycles