Reporting to: Childcare & Operations Manager
Responsible for: Leading all HR related matters that arise short and long term and offer support and close working with the Senior Managers/Directors/Childcare & Operations Manager.
Purpose of the job: To provide a professional, confidential service for the head office and ensure that all staff fulfil legal and statutory requirements. Manage and support the HR/Finance Administrator in conjunction with the Finance Manager.
• At least 4 years' experience at HR Advisor level
• Experience of managing end to end recruitment
• Experience of providing first line support to managers on employee relations issues.
• CIPD Level 5 or working towards
• Experience of operating HR Management system
• Able to work on own initiative in a standalone role
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
• Diligent with attention to detail
• Experience of working in a similar sector
• Experience of managing apprenticeship schemes
Terms and conditions
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week
Benefits: 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, work place pension - contribution from employer, Bupa Select - health care plan
Salary range: £30-35k, Dependant on qualification and experiences
- Provide HR and operational administrative support and ensure effective implementation and coordination of the company's policies, procedures and processes are maintained and developed.
- Manage end to end recruitment of all staff, including drafting job descriptions/person specifications, designing job adverts, posting vacancies, attending and setting up recruitment events, maintaining links with schools/colleges, maintaining preferred supplier listing (PSL) for agencies, short listing of applicants, interview support, generating offer letter and maintaining recruitment tracker.
- Arrange new joiner paperwork including DBS vetting, reference/qualification/right to work checking.
- Responsible for the company apprenticeship training scheme and liaison with the company's training provider (Hawk), ensuring that training agreements are in place.
- Maintain the HR system (HR Toolkit) and that all records are up to date, supporting managers in using the system, setting up new starters and ensuring that all paperwork is scanned and uploaded onto the HR toolkit in a timely manner.
- Provide support and guidance for disciplinary/grievance/capability/probation meetings/supervisions for managers where needed and assist with follow up.
- Monitor sickness/absence and provide support to managers on process/follow up.
- Produce monthly/termly and yearly reports for the Directors around all matters of recruitment and HR.
- Conduct exit interviews
- Responsible for organising First Aid training (including renewals every 3 years) and follow up of certificates
- Ensuring that DBS's are renewed every 3 years
- Ensuring that right to work are in date
- Responsible for company Central Register
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require a Disclosure Barring Scheme check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.