Treework Environmental Practice
Develop your Arboricultural Consultancy Career in this excellent intermediate level role with opportunities to develop towards Senior Consultant.
Treework Environmental Practice is one of the UK's leading arboricultural consultancy company, valued for excellent service and innovation. Established in 1982, we have developed a culture that focuses on understanding and responding to the clients' requirements and providing a working environment where dedicated professionals can flourish. Treework has built a highly skilled team of experts located throughout the UK, delivering excellent arboricultural services and pioneering practices within the arboricultural industry.
Overall Purpose and Scope of Job
Due to business growth an opportunity has arisen for an intermediate level Arboricultural consultant to join our industry expert team. This role reports into a Senior Consultant and will support work on projects which include trees in relation to planning and development, tree risk surveys, inventories and advice, contract administration and veteran tree surveys and advice. It is an excellent opportunity to grow your career within the field of Arboriculture.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Tree Surveys for Planning and Development (BS5837: 2012)
• Conduct Tree Inventory and Risk Surveys
• Veteran Tree Surveys
• Delivery of Survey Information to Consultants
• Delivery of Tree Constraints Reports (BS5837:2012) to clients
Ideal Qualifications and Experience for this role:
• Level 3 QCF (or equivalent) arboricultural qualification essential
• Previous practical experience within an arboricultural role is essential
• Training in Quantified Tree Risk Assessment would be an advantage
• Good theoretical arboricultural background, including tree species and biology
• Demonstrable experience of surveying in accordance with the Visual Tree Assessment (VTA), BS537:2012
• Experience using the Specialist Survey Method for surveying Veteran Trees is desirable
• Good knowledge and understanding of Tree Preservation Orders (TPO) and Conservation Areas (CA) would be a benefit
• Experience report writing is required
• IT literate in MS office applications is essential
• Experienced in using specialist survey software, GIS, database and AutoCAD
• Full Driving Licence and the use of your own vehicle as this role involves travel for work
Personal skills and outlook (Ideally you would be….)
• Trustworthy, open and honest with excellent attention to detail
• Working from home and remotely, you should be organised
• Able to demonstrate excellent self-management
• Can work collaboratively in a team but also able to work alone, self-motivated
• Adaptable, able to carry out desk work as well as field work
• Have a desire to develop and learn within this sector
• Flexible and happy to travel throughout the UK
Details of role
This role reports to a Senior Arboricultural Consultant. Salary c. £23,000 to £27,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus benefits including discretionary annual bonus based on company performance, excellent career development opportunities within the Treework Academy, pension, holidays.
Location: This role is focused within London and the South East of England; however we welcome applications from across the UK.
We are committed to the development of arboricultural experts through experience, training and mentoring and this role is an excellent intermediate level role with opportunities to develop towards Senior Consultant.
This role is a full time, permanent position.