EDS Engineer - Emerald Automotive - Basildon - £300+/per day on Contract or £40-45k/per annum Perm (Negotiable)
Our client, Emerald Automotive, who are owned by Geely (Owns Volvo & LTC) and are seen as centre of excellence for hybrid vehicle technologies is currently recruiting for an EDS Engineer to support the Electrical Systems team working on Electrical Distribution Systems development for a range of zero emissions ready hybrid commercial vehicles based out of their facility in Basildon.
As an EDS Engineer your key responsibilities will be:
• Design and development tasks relating to high and low voltage wiring and fusing systems, component packaging and electrical power distribution including the creation of specifications, drawings, reports and sign-off documentation.
• Support for the preparation and approval of component data sheets and schematics in conjunction with other function groups, our OEM partners and Tier 1 suppliers.
• Guidance to ensure that wiring and electrical hardware are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation, environmental and EMC requirements.
• Participation in all system review, verification & validation activities.
• Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure.
The ideal EDS Engineer candidate will have:
• Demonstrable experience of electrical distribution system development - specifically circuit design, wiring/fusing systems and electrical packaging.
• Experience in design for good electrical and EMC performance.
• Knowledge of hybrid electrical vehicle architectures and wiring systems would be advantageous.
• Experience of visualisation using CATIA or lightweight file viewers would be useful.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc).
• Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours Engineering Degree (Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be considered).
Ideally Emerald are looking for EDS Engineers that have experience of Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project life cycle and have experience.
Please apply directly for more information on the opportunity