LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (MANUFACTURING) SAP SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE ESENTIAL. SALARY £26K BASIC PLUS COMPANY BENEFITS. DYNAMIC TECHNOLOGY DRIVEN DIVISION OF A LARGE MULTINATIONAL COMPANY UNDERGOING A PERIOD OF GROWTH, INVESTMENT AND DEVELOPMENT.
Our client is part of a huge multinational company with operations and offices all over the world, with an innovative and high technology range of products and recent investment to their North West operations of over £20m. As part of their continued growth they are presently seeking a logistics / customer services coordinator to ensure their products reach their customers in time.
SAP experience is essential to this role.
- To be the primary focus for the receipt and processing of all customer orders in accordance with customer requirements and quality procedures.
- To co-ordinate with manufacturing operations, hauliers and other involved parties (e.g. manufacturers, Customs officials, etc ) to ensure correct and timely despatch of goods to a global customer base.
- To provide support to commercial and marketing functions ensuring business objectives are met.
- To represent the customer base and be effective in resolving issues both internally and externally.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and drive excellence in customer service.
- Placing order both internal orders and external
- Understanding the ordering process, placing orders in SAP, checking prices, advising customer.
- Confirming to customers with order acknowledgement, email, spreadsheet list ect.
- Raising proforma invoices where necessary.
- Checking stock availability both in system and with relevant department.
- Raising delivery notes
- Raising delivery notes in SAP in line with delivery date to customer.
- Attaching check list, sending to warehouse for packing and picking.
- Packing list, labels
- Raising packing list and labels in line with customers requirements
- Booking Hauliers, DHL, K&N etc
- Booking hauliers in line with tender strategy.
- Making sure that weight and quantity are correct.
- Raising correct documentation for both Europe and ROW.
- Proforma invoices where needed, export documentation
- K&N website to check vessel despatches and arrivals
- Using K&N website to check vessel despatches and arrivals to correct meet demands for customer.
- Booking in line with these arrival times, specifically Japan
- Raising CofA`s on CofA generator
- Raising CofA`s from TO/picking list from SAP.
- Checking quantity is in line with order to enable this to be used as a check list when confirming delivery for invoicing.
- Inputting new customer templates when required.
- Ensuring that Japans CofA are in the correct alphabetical and numerical format.
- Confirming TO/picking list/GI and invoicing both internal and external
- Checking thoroughly each despatch to make sure that no mistakes have been overlooked, ie wrong batches have been picked in SAP against the manually warehouse checklist.
- Confirming quantity picked, completing TO, goods issuing when satisfied and raising invoice in line with correct process, ie internal order for reprocessing are invoice on delivery, external order or internal order going to external customer are invoiced on order acknowledgement weight.
- Correct weight is inserted in shipping line of order item when invoice is generated using order number.
- Forecast/weekly despatch database
- Putting all new order in sales forecast database allowing visibility to enable planning to make in time for order.
- Placing all imminent despatches on weekly despatch database, once booked with haulier. Completing forecast with correct despatch weight once order despatched.
- Inputting information in customers despatch database, Japan, USA, SA
- Once orders placed making sure these are on customers despatch database for the above customer.
- Completing information once despatched or if anything changes.
- Sending over to customers periodically to give them full visibility of orders in transit.
- Checking stock, HUMO, lt10, lx02, checking where batches have been assigned
- Checking stocks in all above transactions to help check whether order can be accepted.
- Using HUMO to check batches and see where they have been assigned or the last movements if any issues raised.
- Packing and unpacking handling units on SAP
- Packing and unpacking handling units on SAP if requested by warehouse or QA.
- Making sure that handling unit are always assigned to batches.
- Moving out of packing area once completed to allow them to be picked or moved.
- Writing on and off stock on SAP
- Using HUMO to check stock when being asked to write stock on or off SAP.
- Last movement, why it was written off, ie on an order then querying where necessary, as both of these actions have financial implications
- Unblocking stock which cannot be moved in SAP
- Unblocking stock when requested by QA or Warehouse.
- Understanding what to look for and how to clear the issue so stock can be picked or moved again
- Checking and approving hauliers invoices
- Approving haulier invoices, checking deliveries have been requested and taken place before sign off.
- Placing information in haulier invoice list.
- OTIF and Forecast report
- Using SAP and forecast databases to complete on time in full report and monthly forecast report for site manager
- Intercompany orders and PO for despatch through third party and Invoicing
- Raising intercompany orders using third party causing purchase requisition
- Raising PO in line with these orders. Invoicing against sales order when product has arrived.
- Month end procedures
- Ensuring that all invoices are completed by month end.
- Changing dates if orders have been pushed back to make sure that orders do not show on open order for previous month.
- Making sure that no outstanding TO are in the system, cancelling if on a delivery as nothing can be picked over a month end.
- Pushing TO through system if they get stuck and stock has been written off.
- PO process – Raising PR and PO, understanding the system
- Understanding the Purchasing process both raising purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Knowing what the screens are showing to be able to help other department with any issues. Also to enable cover for purchasing for holidays or sickness
- Material codes, master data
- Knowledge of master data and how to place material codes and where to look for information.
- Setting up new customer information in SAP when required, Vendors etc.
The business is conducted on a global basis, carrying overseas stocks, supplying several different grades to very technically distinct market segments by road, sea and air. The Commercial team is small and therefore the jobholder has to act in an independent, self-start environment.
The role requires that the individual manages distribution issues in all parts of the world, and also requires understanding of the ability to reconcile the often conflicting requirements of customers, hauliers, freight forwarders, toll converters and production.
Previous experience and use of SAP is essential and customer service / transport & logistics experience within manufacturing is highly desirable.
The job holder requires a number of competencies:
- Results orientated
- Commitment to high levels of customer care
- Attention to detail
- Organised and able to manage own work load and priorities
- Team working
- Flexibility to cover fluctuating demand within a small team
- Good interpersonal, persuasion and communication skills
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail. We have vast experence of working with this client over the course of nearly ten years, so can offer the best possible guidance and support to ensure you secure the position