Junior Management Reporting & General Ledger Accountant
Purpose of Job
Supporting the Head of Management Accounting, with an ability to deal with a broad range of issues across management & expense reporting and financial control.
Monthly management accounting duties including accruals/prepayments, reconciliations, reporting, variance analysis mainly to support back office areas, as well as preparing/facilitating the preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets for these areas.
Responsibility for the monthly review and attestation of the UK entities expense ledger.
Preparation of various monthly management reports and commentaries for senior management.
Assist with the resolution of invoice processing and payment issues.
Completion of other ad hoc financial control and management & expense reporting duties as required.
* Ensure that the cost base of back office areas is accurately reflected in the GL and adequately reported to senior management.
* Support Infrastructure managers in helping them understand their financials.
* Monitor performance to ensure the cost base of the back office areas stays within budget, providing appropriate explanation for any variances that occur.
* Prepare forecasts and Plans in collaboration with the managers/Head Office finance.
* Monitor and understand the expense base of the UK entities following up and resolving issues in a timely manner.
* Prepare and process month end journal entries as required.
* Coordination of the annual Fixed Asset verification process.
* Review of accruals to ensure reasonable and complete following discussion with relevant business area.
* Provide infrastructure allocation control function, driving to resolve any issues.
* Prepare daily monitoring reports with follow up to ensure timely resolution of any breaks.
* Work in conjunction with other team members and be able to provide support during busy times and cover during absences.
Skills / Knowledge Required
* Strong Excel skills; Pivot tables, lookup functions and other data manipulation functions - Essential
* Good understanding and experience of Corporate General Ledger and expense accounting systems - Highly desired
* Good analytical and problem solving skills with ability to operate independently - Essential
* Communication skills, especially ability to convey financial information to Non-Finance people - Essential
* Team Player - Essential
* Experience of Essbase - Highly desired
* Ability to question and challenge current working procedures with a view to being creative and proactive to enhance and maintain controls and reporting requirements both current and future